Friday, March 30, 2012

Amélie



The clay pieces that I'm working on currently are inspired by the French film Amélie.  I chose Amélie as my inspiration because after I watch the film it leaves me with a certain happy feeling.  It makes me feel so excited to go out and live life.  The pieces I'm creating inspired by Amélie are a ripped up photograph plate, a old toy box bowl and a Gnome cup.  So far I've only finished the clay work for the plate and bowl.  I think a lot of the pieces character will come from the glaze because the pieces themselves are relatively simple.  I really like working with clay so far, it has a mind of its own.  I am a bit  nervous to start my gnome cup because of the amount of detail, but I'm p for the challenge.  If you have not seen the film Amélie yet, I absolutely recommend it, even if you hate reading subtitles!  Its wonderfully invigorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment