Friday, January 20, 2012

My giant face


I enjoyed painting my large portrait. I found the process relaxing. After I inked my portrait, I let it sit over the weekend. I was nervous to rinse my ink off because it’s somewhat like playing art roulette; you never know what you're going to get. When I rinsed the portrait off, a large part of my chin chipped off in shingles. I was, at first, dismayed. However, after looking at it for a while I thought it looks interesting and quirky. I used very little colored pencil to work back into the portrait. I liked the stroke marks and the painterly look of the piece. I did work into the eyes with pencil, because I wanted them to stand out and bring a certain presence to the painting. I was bored with the hair because it lacked texture. I worked back into it with water color to give it some curl. I think the final product looks interesting, and I enjoyed the development of my giant face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment